Creating bespoke crowns and bridges is an art form in itself. Whether you are taking a final impression, or just the preliminary mould, high quality, accuracy and consistent results are vital.
CosTech Dental Laboratory have used their 40 years’ experience to provide these simple tips on how to take great dental impressions and generate a precise and comfortable fit every time.
- Use CosTech impression trays for every impression: these are free for all CosTech customers.
- Prepare the mix-up once the patient is in the chair, to avoid premature setting.
- Ensure the mix-up is prepared correctly following instructions of the manufacturer. Once set the impression material should harden with no soft areas and no marble effect.
- Impressions should be taken in one step with heavy body and light body (wash) together, making sure enough wash is being used. This can avoid impression re-takes and prevent prolonged chair time for the patient.
- If your wash and tray material are from different manufacturers ensure you check the set times, allowing time for the slower-setting material to harden before removing the tray.
- Once the impression has been taken, check that the tray is not visible and look out for any drags and pulling.
- Remember to disinfect your impression before sending it to the lab.
For your free impression trays and further information about CosTech products please contact 01474 320076